From Petrol to Pedals

From Petrol to Pedals. This blog chronicles one man's obsession with commuting by bike.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

So why Biking? Yeah, like electricity



When people ask me why I have taken to using my own pedal power for transportation, I often lack the proper words to answer this very question. I tend to fumble my words and come across as being overly passionate or just plain whackadoodle. Can I really answer that in one sentence?

I recently watched Billy Elliot with my wife and if you have not seen this, do it. Especially if you are American as the BBC does an outstanding job.



Right, so why Biking? As adapted from a famous scene in Billy Elliot when the young lad is asked why he likes dancing... 

Me: Don't know. Sorta feels good. Sorta stiff and that, but once I get going... then I like, forget everything. And... sorta disappear. Sorta disappear. Like I feel a change in my whole body. And I've got this fire in my body. I'm just there. Flyin' like a bird. Like electricity. Yeah, like electricity.

That pretty much sums it up. Yeah, like electricity.

2 comments:

  1. I demand more! Let's get some drinks so you can offer me some rainy weather gear solutions. I'm looking to start bike commuting again here in a few weeks.
    Also, lay off the OG! Unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks is where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's hang sometime soon dude! I would love to catch up and get you riding again! heck, we could even go for a ride!

    ReplyDelete